Reflection Questions for 2008
1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
—New Orleans anniversary trip with DB
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
—that would be the single most challenging thing that happens every day – trying to parent the GMan!
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
4. What was an unexpected obstacle?
—ATV accident in May
5. Pick three words to describe 2008.
—Does it have to be three different words? Let’s see…busy, fun, survived
6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2008 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you).
—busy, fun, tiring
7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2008 (again, without asking).
—not busy enough
8. What were the best books you read this year?
—I’m going to say the “Twilight” series. Not exactly academic reading but a fun, brain candy read which this Mom needs from time to time!
9. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
—on the one hand, I’ve grown a thicker skin in terms of dealing with criticism and dischord (very much needed when you spend time on the Internet) but on the other hand, I feel more tenderhearted and touched by the lives of people near and far.
12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
—the Bible study that was led by Rhonda Lowry (wife of Lipscomb’s president, Randy Lowry) was challenging and inspiring. Many of my long-held beliefs were not only reinforced but she gave good insights that helped me form more concrete reasons for my beliefs and great practices for expanding how I live out those beliefs.
13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?
—heh. let’s not even go there!
14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
—I’ve tried to be more intentional, compassionate and gracious. This is something I will continue to work on from here on out.
15. What was the most enjoyable area of managing your home?
—I enjoy cooking meals for my family. (I’m going to leave it at that. I could say more but then it would a negative reflection and this one is supposed to be positive!)
16. What was your most challenging area of home management?
—keeping the clutter at bay, keeping up with laundry, keeping bathrooms clean, keeping the floors clean (especially with all of the dog hair, ugh)….um pretty much all of it!
17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
—it’s a tie between Twitter & Facebook!
18. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
19. What was the biggest thing you learned this past year?
—I had some fairly difficult anxiety problems at the beginning of the year but from it I learned to trust more. Trust God. Trust my family. Trust my friends.
20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2008 for you.
—Much was gained, little was lost, memories were made and life was well lived.
Questions came from SimpleMom Blog